He was an SS-Oberstgruppenführer and General der Polizei (Senior Group Leader and General of Police) as well as chief of the Reich Main Security Office. He was also Stellvertretender Reichsprotektor (Deputy/Acting Reich-Protector) of Bohemia and Moravia and President of the ICPC and Reichsprotektor of all occupied territories, and assisted Arthuur Seyss-Inquart in crushing the rebellion in Africa with appalling massacres.
During the cold war with Japan, Heydrich planned an assassination on the Japanese crown prince in order to cause a war with Japan. When Rudolph Wegener was arrested by Obergruppenführer John Smith for giving German military secrets to the Japanese, essentially the plans for the Heisenberg Device, Heydrich personally traveled to America to have Wegener transferred to his custody. He had also planned to have Wegener kill Adolf Hitler to clear the way to war. However John Smith had found out, and warned Hitler of Heydrich's plan. While hunting with Smith, he tried to gain Smith's support, however Smith refused. When he was expecting a phone call from Wegener, he actually got a call from Hitler and was immediately arrested by Smith seconds later.
After Hitler has succumbed to the poison, Smith misleads a imprisoned Heydrich into thinking Germany and Japan are already at war, leading Heydrich to confirm what Smith has suspected: a conspiracy to create a pretext for war with the Japanese exists among the Nazi ranks. Smith executes Heydrich, but not before learning the name of the real mastermind behind the rush to war.
Appearance & Personality
After the years following the war, Heydrich has aged significantly and has lost most of his hair. Heydrich seemed to "enjoy" his job as an SS officer, and especially the work he has done in Africa.
To be Added
|"The New World"|
|"The Illustrated Woman"|
|"The New Normal"|
|"End of the World"|
|"A Way Out"|
|"The Tiger's Cave"|
|"The Road Less Traveled"|
|"Duck and Cover"|
|"Land O' Smiles"|
Notes & Trivia
- In real life, Heydrich joined the SS in 1931, and he quickly gained Himmler's trust. Though he had no previous intelligence experience, he was tasked with creating the SS intel department, the SD. He is considered to have been one of the most ruthless and feared men in the Nazi regime.
- In real life, his highest rank was Obergruppenführer, but in the show, he managed to achieve the rank of Oberst-Gruppenführer, which is superior to the rank of a Obergruppenführer
- He became the Protector of Bohemia and Moravia after the annexation of the Sudetenland (Czechoslovakia). In that role, he earned the names "Hitler's Hangman" and "The Butcher of Prague" for his brutality.
- Heydrich was ordered to organise the 1942 Wannsee Conference. This is where Heydrich, along with Obersturmbannführer Adolf Eichmann, and many other SS officials and Reich Ministers discussed and finalized Hitler's "Final Solution to the Jewish Question".
- He was assassinated in 1942 by Czech resistance forces in Prague. Himmler's gave his eulogy in Berlin at a state funeral in the Reich Chancellery. Hitler was also in attendance and placed Heydrich's medals on his funeral pillow.
- Thousands of Czech men, women, and children were murdered in the wake of his death.